Friday, August 05, 2005

LOVE AND BEAUTY-3

LOVE AND BEAUTY-3
AN ANTHOLOGY OF PERSIAN POETRY FROM 17TH CENTRY
(Selected and translated by Asef Fekrat)



Thee or soul?
In my life,
How can I describe thy place?
You are in my heart?
Or it is my soul!


Days and nights
Days, I worry for nights
Being without you
Nights, I am restless for tomorrow


Broken room
You did well
Left my heart
No one lives in broken room

Plunder
I had a religion
A heart
And a sure-mind
All are plundered
By curled hair and drunk eyes

Rose
Mincing, sprays rose-water on her body
Stranger rose – smell
Finds its homeland

Sun and dew

Lovely sweat drops
On your cheeks
Reconcile sun with dew

Sun flower
A drop or your sweat
Trickled on the earth
Grew sun flower

Sweat drops
Sweat drops on your face
Flood victims
My wisdom and sense

Empty breast
So fine and spiritual are you
Embracing you
I feel empty my breast

Breeze
My flower branch
Thin and fine
Can not afford embracing

Your flower bed

Your stature-cypress
Your cheeks-purples
No need going to a garden
Have garden at home

Eyebrow- knot
Your cheerful face
Is it eyebrow-knot?
Or dew on rose!

Picture
Amazed of your beauty
I am lifeless
Like a picture on the wall

Your hand
Spring is thankful
You picked off flowers
Your hand keeps them fresher
Breeze
Is it breeze playing with your skirt?
Or curtain shivers upon a silver statue!

Where
Where were you grown?
O strutting cypress!
Charming, like a spring dream

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful...!!!!!