Wednesday, August 17, 2005

LOVE AND BEAUTY-4

LOVE AND BEAUTY-4
AN ANTHOLOGY OF PERSIAN POETRY FROM 17TH CENTURY
(Selected and translated by Asef Fekrat)


Lasso

With a lasso from thy black hair
I will catch my gone life

Long life

I lengthen my short life
Till the Last Day
Attaching to thy hair

Chain
I like unlocking the curls of your hair
With my teeth
Like a mad
Chewing his chain

All together

Drunkenness, madness, and ecstasy
Collected by your eyes
Poured together in my cup

Beauty

Thy hanging hair
A rare night
Thy blazing face from wine
Wonderful twilight

FragileMy heart
A fragile cup
Thy eyes drunk
Lest they break it funning

Shelled almond

Thy body, clean silver
Delicate, like shelled almond
Thy eyes, ravens
Eyebrows, raven’s feather

Eyelashes

Thou, ravished my heart
Ask why my eyes are red?
Frankly I say:
I am restless from thy turned eyelashes

If…
If your eyes have a glance upon me
Almond blossom shall grow forever
On my tomb

Blue eyes

Kindle a blue candle
Upon my tomb
I am martyr of European blue eyes

Gazelle

Thy eyes,
The gazelles who capture the lions
Not being tamed,
Not startled

Sedition
Thy black eyes
Excited a sedition in the city
The gazelles closed the door of desert

Eyelashes

Thy quarrelsome eyelashes
Splits the heart of rock
Fire sweats from thy charming look

Syrup

Wanted to look at me
Looked at herself
She drank her patient’s medical syrup

Fresh
Why should I smell a flower?
My mind is, forever
Fresh from thy hair

Musk

I wrote thy hair’s description
Sweet smell arose from the paper

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi, I liked ti, I hope you continue this word.

Anonymous said...

I liked it and I hope continue this word........

Anonymous said...

salam man banafsha hastam wow your really good.