Wednesday, August 24, 2005

LOVE AND BEAUTY-5

LOVE AND BEAUTY-5AN ANTHOLOGY OF PERSIAN POETRY FROM 17TH CENTURY
(Selected and translated by Asef Fekrat)

Tomorrow-less
So much better with you,
The longest winter night
No, a tomorrowless night

My Letter
Tore my letter,
Without reading
It is another sign
Knowing the subject

Pigeon
I wrote thee a letter
Submitted it to my heart
Faster than all carrier- pigeons

She cannot
She can do anything
But cannot forget me

Ignorance

Ignored me intentionally
You did well
As I watched you better

Together

You with me
Like wave with coast
Coming near-
Running from

Even for once
O drunk of mincing
Even if pour it on earth
Take the cup from my hand
Even for once

Better
Have mentioned me
But at the margin of her letter to my foe
Alas
So much better your forgetfulness was!

Never
For my heart
I shall take

Either a kiss or an abuse
But never back my heart

Quenched lamp

With enlightening cheeks
Wherever you strut
Enlighten by you skirt’s breeze
Quenched lamps

Get the start
In this spring
Even flower cannot find a place
In the garden
Get the start of the verdure
At the bed of the Brooke

Gift
Every stone
Which my enemies throw
For your love
I take as a gift to my friends

First look
From your first look
Yet I have some wine
At the bottom of my cup

Hundred answers
O messenger!
Don’t blame my sweetheart
By tearing my letter.
She sent me hundred answers

First show
From your first show
The sun fell from the sky
From the first motion of your hand
The moonlight was spilled
From the edge of the roof

Days and nights
Thy nights pass like the nights of flowers
My days like the days of nightingales
My life passed in disturbance for your hair
Like water in the shade of hyacinth

No comments: