Saturday, July 30, 2005

LOVE AND BEAUTY-2

AN ANTHOLOGY OF PERSIAN POETRY FROM 17TH CENTURY
(Selected and translated by Asef Fekrat)



THY WORDS
Kindness or abuse
Your words pacify my heart
Like water
Cold or warm
Extinguishes the fire

THY SMELL
So fond of you
I smell your sweet smell
From my breath

HEART’S PALPITATION

Standing aside you
My heart’s palpitation
Keeps me far away
DUST
The dust from your way aroused
My every hair is a desire hand

RESURRECTION
I want to resurrect from a point
Where my lovely sweetheart
Even for once
Has put her feet

FLOWER

Cheerful flower
Leaves the garden
To be in your room


ROSE BRANCH
Like a rose branch
Grappling with breeze
She likes to be with me
But runs away

SWEAR

I swore one thousand times
Not to mention your name
But I swore always
By your name

FOOTPRINT
Your footprint
Wave of life water
Your footfall
Partridge’s laugh

TWO

Don’t blame
If I have two sweethearts
To be alive
You need one soul and one hear
t

LIKE A CAT
From a corner of the wall
A hole of the window
Or a gap of the door
Like a cat
I will find my way to you

YOUR SMELL

I was a moment with you
My poem savours of paradise

PERFUME

The breeze is perfumed
By your breath
The water by your picture

LONELY

Without you
Like abandoned rooms
My eyes are closed against all

CROSS

Erect a cross on my tomb
I am leaving this world
Loving a Christian sweetheart


MIRROR
It is not dew upon lawn and flowers
The spring, missing you
Threw down the mirror

No comments: