Tuesday, December 27, 2005

LOVE AND BEAUTY-6

AN ANTHOLOGY OF PERSIAN POETRY FROM 17TH CENTURY
(Selected and translated by Asef Fekrat)

Days and nights
Every night
I am thinking of leaving your love
But in the morning
I am your new lover


Never
My eyes
As old lovers
Have never seen
Such high eyebrows
Such long eyelashes


Fire

How warm you are?
As if your mother had been milked you fire
Instead of milk


Paradise

Looking at your face
In this room
Is watching the flower-garden
In Paradise


Childish
My mother
Had given me the pearl of heart to play
I am childish
I forget it wherever I go


Breeze of spring
Is it the breeze of spring?
Or you are coming?
Is it a flower laughing?
Or you are opening your collar?


God blessing
Did she open her collar for a moment?
Or the blessing window of God was opened and closed


Way
I seek a way
From your heart to mine
I do not know letter
I don not know message


Fire
Entered into my heart
But left immediately
As if she caught fire


In the morning
My sweetheart does not awake
Unless the sun kisses her hands and feet


Madness

Leave the love that makes you mad gradually
Good for me
I went mad from her first look


Hands and feet
With your feet
Shoes are vases
With your hands
Sleaves are candlesticks


Promise
Enlivened me promising
But killed me waiting
Such are fairly promises

First look
Her first look filled my cup
How may I afford the second?

No comments: